To sum up, in my own words:
- There are 71 days before the election. We must all act as if our lives depend on the outcome. And I think you know the reason why.
- The Democratic ticket remains eight, nine, or ten points ahead of the Republican ticket on a national basis. This did not change last week.
- But there was a noticeable uptick in the number of people who affirmatively like Biden and Harris.
- The Democratic virtual convention showcased diversity. There is a large segment of the white population of this country that hates, loathes, and fears diversity. If they watched any part of the Democratic convention, it strengthened their inclination to vote for Trump.
- There is a shockingly large segment of our white brethren and sistern who hate diversity much, much more than they fear medical and economic disaster. Who are happy to die of their own whiteness. The currently available evidence indicates that these folks make up about 40 percent of the population. That feels high to me, but in November we shall see what we shall see.