First they came for the Muslims, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Muslim.
Then they came for the undocumented workers, and I did not speak out—because I am not an undocumented worker.
Then they came for the African-American next door, for the offense of Living While Black, and I did not speak out—because I am not living while black.
Then they came for my Social Security and my Medicare—and there was no one left to speak for me.
- The Trump budget would cut about $845 billion from Medicare over 10 years
- It cuts $241 billion from Medicaid
- It would push Medicaid toward block grants which cap the amount each state would receive, which when the money runs out would result in pared-back benefits, recipients being tossed off the program or both
- It would eliminate the Affordable Care Act’s expansion of Medicaid, which would mean millions would lose their health coverage
- It would cut $25 billion from Social Security