Jennifer Rubin used to be in the can for the Mittster. But she never jumped on the Trump Train. Today she writes, Maybe Trump’s incredible poll drop is real. Clearly the wish is father to the thought, both for Jennifer Rubin and for Arius Aardvark. But she makes some good points.
Last week, Washington Post/ABC: Trump approval dropped to 36 percent. And this week, from that bastion of socialism, Investor’s Business Daily: Trump’s Approval Number Nose-Dives, Dems’ Blue Wave Might Be Building: IBD/TIPP Poll. A few jewels from the latter poll:
- one-month approval rating drop among Republicans, from 83 percent to 76 percent
- one-month drop among men, from 49 percent to 40 percent
- one-month drop among rural folk, from 60 percent to 45 percent
Drivin’ that wedge, baby. Drivin’ that wedge. Clear through the heart of the Republican Party. Getting down to the hard core white identity cultural resentment crowd. Creatin’ a HUUUUUUGE base of subscribers for the Trump Channel, following resignation or impeachment.
Meanwhile, the 25 percent of rabid Trump supporters will be revved up to a fare-the-well, and every single racist mother’s son and daughter will turn out in November. But it won’t be enough.
But what’s going on? The economy is booming. What gives? Jennifer identifies four Republican problems:
- If it’s this bad for Republicans when the economy is so good, imagine what will happen when a recession starts.
- Wage stagnation.
- Recovery has been underway for ten years, and voters take it for granted.
- Non-stop scandals.
Good day to readers in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam. Chào mừng.