“Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time,” he wrote on Twitter. “She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work.”
“When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems,” he continued. “I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me — until she got fired!”
Trump’s argument is that Manigault Newman:
- Was only hired because she begged for a job and he acquiesced.
- Was not smart.
- Was broadly disliked and mean to people.
- Constantly missed meetings and skipped work.
- Struck Kelly so negatively that he suggested she be fired, and, perhaps most damningly.
- Was of such questionable quality as an employee that she failed to win his reality show three times.
But she kept her job, even after Kelly complained — Kelly, whose job was to guide Trump’s White House staff. Why? What’s the one quality Manigault Newman possessed that was sufficient for Trump to argue that she keep her job?
She praised Trump.