Unlike some people he could name, Aardvark understands the difference between a hunch and a proven fact. Aardvark does not claim his hunches are proven facts. What follows is a hunch.
Trump claims that he has an Obamacare replacement bill all ready to go, but for a few minor tweaks and maybe a final run through spellcheck; that this bill will provide insurance for all; that the copays will be much lower than those available under Obamacare; and that the quality of health care will be much better than what is currently on offer.
I don’t think there is a bill. I think he just pulled it out of his ass.
And why might he do such a thing? Five reasons:
- He wants to stop Congress from destroying American health care.
- He wants to cater to the chronic magical thinking of his base.
- He wants to stop Bernie Sanders from stealing his crowds.
- His life experience has taught that promises are made to be broken, and
- He has a weak grasp on the difference between reality and fantasy.